Preparing great soups can bring kudos to your foodservice and save money. While the variety of soups is almost endless, most of them fit into three categories. Preparing great soups begins with the basic principles of stocks and sauces. Learners will identify basic stocks, sauces, and soups. You will select appropriate products and cooking procedures for stocks, sauces, and soups. Learners will troubleshoot common cooking problems with soups and sauces and develop HACCP procedures and identify proper storage for stocks, sauces, and soups.
Upon completion of this course, the successful learner will be able to:
- Differentiate between stocks, broths, and bases
- Explain thickening agents
- Characterize basic types of sauces
- Characterize basic types of soups
- Troubleshoot problems with sauces and soups
- Choose appropriate products for a given menu
- Explain proper storage principles of stocks, sauces, and soups
Course login is valid for 1 year from date of purchase. No online course extensions will be granted. All online courses are non-refundable. CE credit will be given upon successful completion of all required areas of the course including the quiz and evaluation form.
This course is a level I continuing competence.
To view continuing competence level descriptions, visit the ANFP website.